The guys at Wales Interactive (publishers) and Milky Tea Studios (devs) have only gone and given us a release date for the console version of Coffin Dodgers. First up will be the PlayStation 4 which sees a release on May 3rd, with us guys on the Xbox One only having a few more days to wait, as we see the game released to us on May 6th.
The game will be priced at £10.25, $11.99, €11.99 for those on the PS4. On the Xbox One the price will £9.59, $11.99, €11.99, so while having to wait a little longer for the game, we do at least get it a tiny bit cheaper in the UK.
Coffin Dodgers sees you taking on the role of one of seven quirky retirement village residents, with each of them having their own fancy mobility scooter. These are not something you would see while standing in a post office queue or your local supermarket mind you, as everyone is armed with a variety of weapons and gadgets to take out anything standing in your way to the finish line.
Looking at the trailer below, it looks to offer some serious fun to those looking at picking it up come launch. Be sure to check back soon when we hopefully have some gameplay and review up of our own on the blog.
- “Road Rash” style player-to-player combat with wacky weapons and geriatric gadgets.
- Character ragdoll physics!
- Upgradable mobility scooters with modifications to suit your driving style.
- Select from 7 old, quirky but full of life retirement village residents.
- Unlock and play as the Grim Reaper himself!
- Invite your friends to the 2-4 Split-Screen Multiplayer Mode!
- Battle your way through a Single-Player Story Mode with races and challenges set around the beautifully crafted Sunny Pines retirement village.
- Challenge yourself with the 3D open world “Crazy Granddad” Mode.